The SCC meets 1-2 times per month depending on current projects and needs with the intent of discussing campus communications issues from both students and staff. For those interested in getting additional experience outside the classroom, Institute Communications staff are accessible for mentoring and collaboration.
Benefits to Students:
- Be privy to initiatives and projects in progress at Tech, and shape the future of campus by lending your voice to those developments.
- Enhance leadership and collaboration skills by working with peers and staff members.
- Access to Georgia Tech staff and proximity to other opportunities such as media interviews or career opportunities.
Benefits to Staff:
- Gain student insight and feedback on projects and initiatives.
- Develop group of like-minded students whose opinions are valued and trusted to function as go-to counsel.
Benefits to Campus:
- Students with enhanced communications and leadership skills take those skillls into other campus leadership positions.
- More relevant, student-centered communications across campus.